Friends of Juanita E. Thornton-Shepherd Park Library
In keeping with its status as a 501 c3 exempt organization, the Friends of the Juanita E. Thornton-Shepherd Park Library acknowledge the importance of donations. Donations enhance our efforts to support our Library and our community. In recognition of their value, we welcome financial donations and books donated for our book sales.
The Friends does not appraise or assess the value of in-kind donations. Valuation for tax purposes is between the donor and the IRS.
- The Friends reserves the right to refuse any donation. All donated books may be used, sold, or disposed of as seen fit by the Friends.
- The Friends need these types of materials for its collection for possible resale:
- Hardbound, current novels
- Non-fiction books with current information
- Biographies and autobiographies
- Children’s books
- Paperback books
- Books of local interest
- Media material: books on tape, videos, DVDs, audiotapes, CD-ROM, puzzles, etc.
- We do not accept these books or periodicals:
- Outdated informational books (e.g., technical, tax, investment, medical, educational, legal, etc.)
- Outdated textbooks or encyclopedias
- Reader’s Digest abridged or condensed books
- Books that are grimy, musty, moldy, or mildewed
- Books with torn pages or missing covers or that are written in
- Books with editorial comments either written or typed in them
- Most periodicals, for example, National Geographic
- Puzzles with missing pieces
- Pirated videotapes or videos taped off TV